Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Dead Poets

  1. #1
    Inactive Member LAmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2000
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want to take a poem written by a dead poet who dies more that 100 years ago. Seriously, is this legal and won't get me into amy trouble?

    Collections of his poems have been put out in books even today.

    Someone on this board said that a persons copyright on his work runs out after 70 years. So would it be ok for me to use this guy's poem in my film?

    -Ivan

    PS. did you guys notice the new feature when you post a new topic called "Email Notification"? Pretty cool I think.

    ------------------
    "A place for everything and everything in it's place".

  2. #2
    Eliud25
    Guest Eliud25's Avatar

    Post

    I think Oliver Stone used a quote on a movie he made called Platoon. Insidently it won 4 academy awards for best picture in 86. Well the quote was --- Rejoice oh young man in thy youth He then wrote on the bottom of the quote ecclesiates. It stayed in my mind because it was a way to portray his movie. You see a lot of young people died in Vietnam and that quote said alot about the war movie called Platoon. So I think that if you want to use a 100 year old poem in your movie you can as long as you write down the name of the author on the bottom. I think ecclesiates was a Greek writer that died hundreds of years ago. So if your guy died 100 years ago I am sure noone will sue you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •